Tuesday, April 21, 2009

New Distractions

So I have been searching for more good ideas for interesting DIY projects, and I stumbled upon a doozy, which I want to start RIGHT NOW!

These are Tsumami Kanzashi, hairpins made from the Japanese art of fabric folding. Since I am half-Japanese, I think these little flowers could be great gifts to my little flowergirls, and I am sure I can think of many other uses too! So I am probably off to the fabric store tonight for some silk fabric and starch.

The other project I have been eyeing has been these adorable little knit pillows. With big needles, this could be a relatively quick project (nothing like the lace shawl I have been working on, which has made very little progress in the past month).

1 comment:

  1. those fabric flowers are so sweeeeet! i wanna see how you do this diy.

    ReplyDelete