Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The first home

I know that for many people who are in a situation similar to my fiance and I, they are still in school/just finishing school/just starting out in the real world when they decide they are ready to get married. They may or may not have student loans, they may or may not live at home.

But I think for most people our age, when they get married they are looking forward to buying their first home together. This is one thing FI and I cannot share. We are both homeowners who acting as landlords. We have houses, in different states, and we aren't living in them. Now don't get me wrong. If we live in Boston after we finish grad school, we will undoubtedly live in my condo. I love it and it's beautiful. And if we live in Colorado, we will undoubtedly live in his townhouse there. We have great properties in great locations. It's just funny to be daydreaming of owning our first home TOGETHER that won't be a first home for either of us.

What firsts are you excited to share with your partner?

2 comments:

  1. We don't have many 'firsts' left really! We have been together for almost 6 years and already own pets and a home together!

    I am looking forward to having all of our married 'firsts' together though ;-)

    And one first that I am REALLY looking forward to is our first baby!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out my post on my blog today - there is a surprise there for you!

    ReplyDelete